Monday, June 22, 2009

Maci and Max



The newest news in our family is that we have a new addition!! His name is Max and he is oh so cute! So let me fill you in on what happened...how did the family that would never have a pet because it was too much responsibility, end up with this very expensive kitty!! REWIND way back to my childhood....we could never have a cat because my dear sister was allergic, but we had dogs which I loved and begged for but then did not want to take care of. I always thought it would be fun to have a cat and loved going to my parent's friends house to play with their cats. I guess you always want what you can't have....well when Brad and I got married we decided to get a dog...which by the way was the BEST dog ever and she came from the pound....But living in Fairview and working long hours was not a good situation for the dog so she went to live with my brother. So the idea of a pet was out of the question because Maci came along 9 months after we gave the dog, Marlee, to my brother.....ok fast forward to last week. My brother's girlfriend rescued a little kitty outside of her work and I got to thinking it would be nice to take in the kitty and Maci would love to have a pet. Well...Brad said no way!! So that was the end of that. Well, last Tuesday, a friend from church sent out a text saying she had found a kitty that needed a home. So I thought, "what the heck." We need a pet...Father's Day is coming up...Brad would love that present....I know what you are thinking.. "Kristen, didn't he just say no to a kitty last week?" Well, that didn't really cross my mind until later. I went to petco and bought all the essentials, and then Maci and I were on our way to pick up the kitty and he was sooo sweet and so good with Maci...I just couldn't say no. Then I took Max (the kitty) to meet his new daddy. Brad was getting his hair cut and I decided to surprise him! Well, he was surprised alright...to the point that he didn't even want to talk to me about it....Here is the part that I realized I might have messed up. I left the hair place and started calling everyone I knew to see if they would take the cat. It looked like I would be taking him to the humane shelter the next morning. No one was looking for a kitty on this particular day. So, I call and tell Brad I am sorry and that I shouldn't have done that. It was a moment of pure insanity. Maci was crying because she wanted him to "live in my house." I am trying to feed the kitty when Brad comes home. He says he is going outside to look at a huge crack in the driveway, so I follow him out. Which was an excuse to get me to see what was in his car. There in his trunk are all the essentials for a kitty..HE SAYS WE CAN KEEP HIM!!!! He says he wants to go on an adventure with me and oh what an adventure it has been. We took him to the vet on Friday only to find out he needs stitches from an injury he had when we got him. Then they test him and he has worms....ear mites...and on top of all that he has to wear a cone thing on his head to keep him from tearing out the stitches. Brad has made an excellent kitty doctor and daddy. He LOVES Max now! He gives him all the medicine, cleans the litter box, and even lets him sleep on his head. So it wasn't love at first sight, but I am thankful it was love at second sight and so is Maci. She loves her new kitty!! Check out the video of her having a tea party with Max!


No comments:

Post a Comment