Friday, June 26, 2009

Learning to Swim

I think I have bought every floatation device out there for Maci. I have tried everything to get her to learn to swim or at least float so that she isn't attatched to me in the water. She has been so scared to let go of me, and it makes swimming with Maci not much fun! But today....it wasn't a new floatation device that taught Maci to swim...it was peer pressure!! We went swimming wtih Katie Beth and Katie can zoom all around the pool. Maci FINALLY decided she was brave enough to try what Katie was doing, so she tried swimming to Rachel with me holding her instead of her holding me. Then she got a little braver and swam back to me without Rachel holding on to her (we were only about 2 ft. apart. ) Finally she was ready...she took off all on her own! I am so proud of her and can't wait to go swimming again!!

testing out the water....from the steps


in the boat with katie beth


finally swimming

look at me!!





katie is trying to help her along


best buds!!








No comments:

Post a Comment